Police in Philadelphia, U.S., have arrested an 86-year-old woman for an attempted robbery after she pointed a gun at a bank teller and demanded $400, police say.
Reports say Emily Coakley, who uses a walker, had been to the same bank a day earlier, but when she counted her money after returning home, she believed she had been short-changed by $400.
So on Tuesday afternoon, she grabbed a gun and her walker and went back to collect the balance, the sources said.
Police officers quickly moved in to make the arrest, Fox 29 reported.
The elderly woman was then handcuffed and escorted out of the bank with her walker.
Coakley was charged with aggravated assault, robbery, terroristic threats and related offenses, according to police, and was released on her own recognizance.
“That’s crazy. It’s mind-blowing,” one bank customer told Fox 29.
“That’s pretty unusual. I never heard of a bank robber that age and armed,” John McDonald said, as he walked outside the bank.
- FG Approves Recruitment Of 30,000 Graduates For NALDA Programme
- Wema Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]