Police in Philadelphia, U.S., have arrested an 86-year-old woman for an attempted robbery after she pointed a gun at a bank teller and demanded $400, police say.
Reports say Emily Coakley, who uses a walker, had been to the same bank a day earlier, but when she counted her money after returning home, she believed she had been short-changed by $400.
So on Tuesday afternoon, she grabbed a gun and her walker and went back to collect the balance, the sources said.
Police officers quickly moved in to make the arrest, Fox 29 reported.
The elderly woman was then handcuffed and escorted out of the bank with her walker.
Coakley was charged with aggravated assault, robbery, terroristic threats and related offenses, according to police, and was released on her own recognizance.
“That’s crazy. It’s mind-blowing,” one bank customer told Fox 29.
“That’s pretty unusual. I never heard of a bank robber that age and armed,” John McDonald said, as he walked outside the bank.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications