Eight men have been arraigned before an Osun State Magistrates’ Court sitting in Ile-Ife, on Thursday, for allegedly chasing four cows until the animals fell into a deep pit and died.
The defendants, Ayodele Jide, Akinyode Timothy, Akinsanwo Najeem, Akinola Abiodun, Samuel Oladeyin, Sunday Ejembi, Fadayo Akinniyi and Adereti Temitope, pleaded not guilty to the four counts preferred against them.
The police prosecutor, Emmanuel Abdullahi, said the defendants committed the offences on March 13, 2020, in the Erefe area of Ile-Ife.
He added that the defendants ran after the cows belonging to one Adamu Suleiman with the intent of harming them and made the animals fall into a deep pit.
Abdullahi said after the fall, the defendants also unlawfully maimed the animals valued at N720,000.
According to him, the action of the defendants could have caused an inter-tribal war between the Fulani herdsmen and villagers in Ile-Ife.
The offences, he added, contravened sections 249(d), 390(9), 450 and 516 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Osun State, 2002.
The counsel for the defendants, Muri Agboola, applied for bail on behalf of his clients, with a promise that they would produce reliable sureties.
Magistrate Joseph Owolawi admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N200,000 each with two sureties.
He adjourned the matter till May 15, 2020, for hearing.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State