76 people have examined positive for Lassa fever in Edo State following a test carried out on 175 suspected instances in the state.
Edo State commissioner of well being, Dr Patrick Okundia gave out the determine on Friday January 24, throughout a Lassa fever committee assembly headed by the State’s Deputy Governor Mr Philip Shaibu and a consultant of the World Health Organization (WHO).
“A complete of 76 suspected instances of Lassa fever had been confirmed yesterday in the state and they’re at present on admission in the Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital. We haven’t recorded any new dying however have additionally diminished our case fatality price to lower than 10 per cent. The variety of instances in the ward now’s 34, and we have now discharge over 28 sufferers which have been absolutely handled and cured.”
Edo State Deputy Governor, Mr Philip Shaibu on his personal half urged hospitals in all components of the state to refer suspected instances to Irrua Specialist hospital and isolation centres.
“Ministries of atmosphere, agriculture, training, data and different related ministries should additionally step up in the realm of public consciousness of the people. The 18 native authorities councils of the state should name for emergency assembly which is able to embody non-public well being practitioners for the aim of early referral.”
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)