Five young men have reportedly gone insane after drinking mixed herbs with gin fondly called ‘Kaikai’ at Omuakwuru community in Igboo-Etche, Etche Local Government Area of Rivers State.
The victims, who are young men from the community, committed the act of drugging themselves when they went for the burial of one of their elders, Blessing Wokowa.
A source in community, who confirmed the incident said, “The boys started misbehaving immediately after the intake of the root mixed with local dry gin which was prepared by one of the young men.”
It was gathered that it took the intervention of some individuals in the community to apprehend the affected persons as the drink manifests.
The Police in Igbo-Etche said they have launched a manhunt for the major culprit.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021