The Vice Chancellor of NOUN, Prof. Abdalla Uba Adamu, disclosed this in Lagos on Friday during the graduation ceremony and presentation of certificates to the five inmates at Maximum Security Prison, Kirikiri.
Adamu, who was represented by Professor Gregory Okagbare, said over 526 inmates were studying various courses from Nigerian prisons.
He said there had been an increase in the numbers of inmates enrolling in degree programmes of NOUN in the various study centres located in prisons nationwide.
“There are over 526 inmates studying various courses at both under and post graduate levels while in prison detention.
“I congratulate the graduating inmates and urge you to seek for higher qualifications,” he said.
The Controller General of Prisons, Ja’afaru Ahmed, who was represented by Assistant Controller General Chuks VU Chiabua, reiterated the commitment of the prison service to continually provide educational platform for inmates to realise their dreams while in prison.
The successful inmates who received their certificates in various degrees are: Adebayo Ojo, B.Sc Criminology & Security Studies, Idong Nelson, B.Sc Peace & Conflict Resolution and Audu Godfrey, B.Sc PCR.
Others are Akolade Arowolo, PDG in Peace & Conflict Resolution and Okeke Chinonso B.Sc Entrepreneurship and Business Management.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]