A forty-one-year (41) old man from Atani-Adadama in Abi Local Government Area of Cross River State has been electrocuted at the University of Calabar, in Cross River, Dailypost reports.
An eyewitness, Edet Ekpenyong said the victim, Michael Enang Edu, a former staff of PHEDC was electrocuted while trying to restore power in the university with his colleagues.
He said, “the victim was trying to work on a faulty line when his colleagues inadvertently turned on the power that was earlier turned off and in the process he was electrocuted and later died.”
Consequent upon the incident, the Vice Chancellor (VC) of the university, Prof. Zana Akpagu was alleged to have offered Michael Edu’s wife an automatic job.
But the Chairman, Board of Media and Community Relations of the University, Dr. Joseph Ekpang while confirming the incident said he doesn’t know about the automatic employment of the victim’s wife.
“Unfortunately, I cannot confirm the story about the VC giving a job to the late man’s wife. But I can confirm that the man was electrocuted while trying to reconnect UNICAL which had been disconnected in error.”
Late Edu died leaving two kids (daughters) and a pregnant wife.
Before his death, he lived with his family at Ediba Road, Opposite Assemblies of God Church, Ediba Qua, in Calabar.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]