Court Fixes Date to Arraign 400 BDC Operators Accused of Funding Terrorists.
The arraignment of 400 suspects for alleged terrorism sponsorship has been set for September 17 in Abuja’s Federal High Court.
The matter will be heard by Justice Anwuli Chikere.
The suspects, mostly Bureau De Change operators, were arrested by the Presidency in March for allegedly facilitating the transfer of money to Boko Haram terrorists.
According to reports, some Nigerians working with BDC operators are transferring funds to the sect from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Abubakar Malami (SAN), the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice announced that arrangements had been made to arraign the suspects who had been detained and interrogated by the State Security Service (SSS).
The delay in the start of the trial has sparked public outrage, with human rights lawyer Femi Falana (SAN) writing to the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) seeking fiat for the prosecutions.
Falana expressed concern that terrorism sponsors arrested for kidnapping, armed robbery, and extrajudicial killings of unarmed citizens had not been prosecuted by their respective states’ attorneys general.
“It is official impunity that has heightened the so-called bandits’ and unknown gunmen’s violent attacks on innocent people. The suspects were frequently apprehended and paraded by police and other law enforcement agencies, but then released to continue their criminal activities,” he said.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment for Graduates
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer