PORT HARCOURT— No fewer than four persons were feared killed in a communal war that ensued between Gwara and Gwure communities in Khana Local Government Area of Rivers State. It was learned that some youths, alleged to be from Gwara, stormed Gwure community following a dispute concerning a young girl allegedly abducted and raped by Gwure youths. A community source told Vanguard that about five unidentified youths allegedly abducted a young girl, who had gone to visit her grandmother in Gwure, and raped her. The source also disclosed that many houses were set ablaze by the aggrieved youths, who invaded Gwure community. The source also told Gistnaij.com that the angry youths used knife to chop off the hand of one of the alleged rapists. Meanwhile, the Youth President of Gwure community, Kpakue Famous, has called on the local government authority and security agencies to deploy more policemen to the communities to restore normalcy. The Caretaker Committee Chairman of Khana Local Government Area, Gbene Zini, who confirmed the killing of some persons as a result of the communal clash, sued for peace among the communities.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE