279 Abducted Zamfara Schoolgirls Regain Freedom
Last Friday, schoolgirls kidnapped from the Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, in the Talata Mafara Local Government Area of Zamfara State were released.
The girls were released with the help of repentant bandits, according to Zamfara State Governor Bello Matawalle, who confirmed the news on Tuesday.
Although the police had previously stated that 317 girls had been kidnapped, the Governor put the number of girls recovered at 279, despite the fact that the police had previously stated that 317 girls had been kidnapped.
Face masks and light blue and brown chadors were worn by the released girls as they arrived at the Zamfara State Government House in Gusau early Tuesday. They ate breakfast and were on their way to the hospital for medical checks before meeting up with their families.
The kidnapping of the girls on Friday was the latest in a string of school kidnappings that has rocked the country in recent months.
Governor Matwalle told reporters on Tuesday, “I am very exhausted and very devastated,” but “I thank God that with the prayers of Nigerians, we were able to secure their release.”
He stated that his government will continue to negotiate with bandits, some of whom may have been involved in the kidnapping, in order to persuade them to accept a peace agreement. He stated, “We want to bring everyone on board.”
Governor Matawalle also stated that the girls who have been released will be counselled.
Pay Attention To:
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited