A 25-year-old Nigerian man was found dead in his tent in Calais, northern France after lighting a fire to cook a meal and keep warm.
Police in Pas-de-Calais confirmed that the man had died from intoxication from smoke fumes on Friday and said an autopsy would take place. The man was the third migrant or refugee to die in Calais this year.
NGOs and refugee aid groups working in Calais confirmed that the man died of smoke inhalation after making a small fire in his tent “in order to cook and warm up”.
Francois Guennoc, vice-president of the Auberge des Migrants in Calais said that the man’s death was “symbolic”
“This death is really symbolic at a time where the local authorities have sought to remove migrants as well as the volunteers who help them from the town centre for supposed reasons of public order,” said Guennoc.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)