A 24-year-old man, Olanrewaju Ogundare, who went missing in Lagos State in December 2020, has been found dead.
Ogundare, who worked with the Lagos State Event Center, returned from work on December 25, 2020 and dropped his bag at his parents’ home on Adimula Street, Ikotun, saying he was going to spend the Christmas break with his friends. Upon his arrival at his friend’s house, he called his mother to inform her that he had reached his destination. After that, he went incommunicado.
On Monday, December 28, Olanrewaju failed to show up at work, prompting his colleagues to contact his parents who immediately reported the matter to the Idimu Police Station. Olanrewaju, who misplaced his phone back some time ago, could not be traced back to the number he used to call his mom because the phone she used did not keep the call records.
With the help of his photo, the police were able to track down his mutilated body in the Ejigbo area on Monday, 1 February, suggesting that he was killed.
A preliminary investigation showed that he was killed in the area where his friend stayed the same night he went out to celebrate Christmas. It is believed that he was killed by suspected armed robbers known to terrorize local residents.
Confirming the incident, State Police Command spokesperson Muyiwa Adejobi said the police are conducting further investigations into the matter.
The family of the deceased reportedly called for the case to be closed because they do not have the funds to carry out an autopsy.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative