A 200-level Niger Delta Campus (NDU) student from Amassoma, Bayelsa State, was discovered dead in her university communal residence.
Jennifer Ugadu’s lifeless body was discovered with bullet wounds, according to the report.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 ALSO READ : UNILAG to Close Down Tomorrow Over Resurgence of COVID-19
- 0.2 ALSO READ : Air Force Misfire Again, Kill Woman, 4 Children In Zamfara
- 0.3 ALSO READ : Two Soldiers Shot Dead In A Fierce Gun Battle With IPOB’s Eastern Security Network
- 0.4 ALSO READ : Police Arrests Other Suspected Killers of Super TV Boss
- 1 Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
Her 23-year-old undergraduate lover, a jealous soldier, is accused of murdering her.
James Matol, the accused, murdered the student on suspicion of cheating and using charms on the soldier.
According to reports, the late NDU Faculty of Education student’s fingers were also severed by her assailants.
The undergraduate’s body was discovered in her room on Tuesday, according to security personnel at the university.
Her thumb was practically severed, therefore it was assumed that she was struggling.
Her soldier boyfriend is believed to have made some heinous comments on the 200-level student’s WhatsApp page after killing the NDU student.
The accused claimed he killed her because he was enraged by her adultery and emotional distress.
The alleged soldier further stated that he had notified Jennifer’s mother and his aunt about his actions and that two of Jennifer’s friends, Vera and Eniye, were not providing her with appropriate advice.
He was also accused of accusing the girl of spending five years of his life in the relationship and of threatening to commit suicide in secret.
Meanwhile, Mike Okoli, the Bayelsa Commissioner of Police, has requested an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the student’s death.
In a statement released on Tuesday, Asinim Butswat, the State Police Public Relations Officer, confirmed the death of the 23-year-old undergraduate.
“Police have discovered the decomposing body of Jennifer Ugadu ‘f’, a two-hundred-level education student at the Niger Delta University Wilberforce Island, Amassoma, Southern Ijaw Local Government Area, Bayelsa State.
“On the 13th of July 2021, her body was discovered after one of her friends stumbled across a discussion in which the deceased lover admitted to killing her and vowed to commit suicide.
“A preliminary inquiry found that the victim was shot in her flat by her boyfriend, James Matol, who is supposedly a Nigerian Army soldier.
According to the statement, “investigations further establish that the deceased was last seen with the boyfriend on July 11, 2021.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative