A 23-year-old hairstylist, Gift Paul has been remanded in prison custody after beating the hell out of her husband in Abuja.
The order was given by a Grade I Area Court in Kubwa, Abuja, on Tuesday.
The police charged Paul with criminal trespass, assault and causing grievous hurt.
The judge, Muhammad Adamu, adjourned the case until Feb.5 for hearing.
Adamu, however, stated that the defendant’s bail could still be considered before the next adjourned date if the defence counsel makes a formal bail application
Earlier, the prosecution counsel, John Okpa told the court that Paul’s ex-husband, Mr Destiny Adams who resides in Kubwa, reported the matter at the Divisional Police Headquarters, Byazhin on Jan. 7.
Okpa alleged that Paul and her brother, Isaiah, invaded Adams’ house with cutlasses and injured him on his head and body.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 246, 348 and 265 of the Penal Code.
Meanwhile, Paul pleaded not guilty to the charge.
She said that her encounter with Adams did not involve any other person.
The defence counsel, Taiye Okoya, made an oral bail application on behalf of Paul, saying that his client should be presumed innocent until proven guilty of the charge.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Latest Naija News Loaded ,
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State