Buhari made the appeal on Thursday while signing the Not Too Young To Run bill at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
He commended them for the effort at pushing that the bill be signed into law.
The President also encouraged youths to work hard and not depend on white collar jobs for survival.
According to Buhari, “Thus, it may be tempting for you to think of this as the end of the journey. However, it is only the beginning; there is still a lot of work ahead, towards ensuring that young people take full advantage of the opportunities provided not only by this constitutional amendment, but also through Nigeria’s boundless prospects.
“You should inculcate the spirit of self help. Those who complete their training should not just sit down and wait for government or private sector to employ them. You should be innovative and turn your hands to any legitimate work that will enable you to sustain yourself.
“Please, can I ask you to postpone your campaigns till after the 2019 elections!
“Finally, let me say how proud I am, and how proud the entire country is, of what you have accomplished. Congratulations and best of luck with continuing to work to make Nigeria a greater country for us and future generations of Nigerians.”
Credit : Ejesgist and Daily Post
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- Oando Plc Recruitment 2022 For Graduates Apply now