Mr. Donald Duke, ex- governor of Cross River State, has joined the large number of aspirants for the office of President in the 2019 election, but unsure of the party to adopt to achieve his aspiration.
Duke who joins the race along former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, and a number of former governors from the north, declared his intentions at the annual Law dinner of the University of Nigeria, on Friday
His intention may be difficult to materialise as his platform, People’s Democratic Party (PDP), had zoned the office to the North.
Although the zoning had become controversial following the declaration of governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti to vie, but the party had yet to discard the zoning.
Duke spoke on ‘Nigeria In Clear and Present Danger’, explained that he wasn’t yet sure of the platform with which he will be contesting.
He said he was convinced that it was time to make a move towards addressing Nigeria’s problem.
He also stated that “will and strategy” are major components needed to ensure all-round national development.
“I am putting myself forward for the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“I’m not going to sit back any longer and postulate. And I want each one of those young people there to be part of it. That’s why I urge them to go and get their voter’s card and be part of this society.
“Don’t be onlookers any longer, this is not a football match where you sit in the audience and cheer and grumble. Get unto the field and take part.
“I’m not going to sit back, I’m going to take part,” he asserted.
He was also one of those who witnessed the formal registration of the former president (Obasanjo) as a member of the group, which he had called for to save Nigeria from the myriad of challenges it is facing.
56-year-old Donald Duke was the Governor of Cross River State, Nigeria from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2007.
He received his LLB degree in 1982 from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – Nigeria, the B.L in 1983 from the Nigerian Law School, Lagos and a L.L.M. in Business Law and Admiralty in 1984 from University of Pennsylvania.
Duke initiated the Obudu Ranch International Mountain Race which attracted contestants and visitors from other countries.
In 2005, he created a special reserve fund for the state meant to ‘‘hedge against economic downturn, and the inevitable rainy day’’. This was meant to cushion the effect of unforeseeable economic challenges that may occasion uncertainty in the state’s Internally generated revenue, as well as monthly allocation from the federal government.
He also initiated the Calabar Carnival which started in 2004 and is popularly referred to as
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Police seal venue of #RevolutionNow summit in Lagos (Photos)
- Police parade woman who kidnapped and killed her friend's 8-year-old daughter in Kano after her parents failed to pay ransom
- Ike Ekweremadus Assault and The Dynamics of Revolution
- Job for Sales Account Manager at Finchglow Travels
- Job for Civil Engineer at Architectural Structures Limited
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 35
- Adamawa State 16
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 10
- Benue State 9
- Borno State 16
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 227
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 13
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1030
- Gombe State 10
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1514
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 10
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 9
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 12
- Lagos State 147
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1114
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 15
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 13
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 26
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 9
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9