Former Super Eagles captain, Kanu Nwankwo has been robbed on the way to Kaliningrad in Russia.
Russian News Agency, TASS reports that US$11,000 (approximately N4 million) was stolen from him.
The former Arsenal striker was traveling from London to Moscow.
Kanu was heading to Kaliningrad, the city that will host the Super Eagles World Cup opener against Croatia on June 16.
According to the news wire, at Khrabrovo airport, he received his baggage, and discovered that the money was stolen when he got to his hotel.
Two Sheremetyevo Airport staff have been detained on suspicion of stealing the money from the Nigerian star.
Don’t forget to read : What Oyedepo said over the inclusion of Arabic studies in Police recruitment
Investigators of the Western Line Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation on transport opened a criminal case under Part 3 of Art. 158 of the Criminal Code.
Kanu was a member of the Super Eagles squad at the 1998, 2002 and 2010 World Cups.
Pay Attention To:
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst