The two Chinese citizens who bribed EFCC agents with N100 million
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have arrest of two Chinese nationals for allegedly attempting to offer N100 million bribe to the commission’s Sokoto zonal head of operations, Lawal Abdullahi, and his team.
They were arrested on Tuesday.
The anti-graft agency said it also seized three laptops, five smart phones and some documents from the suspects.
The Chinese, Meng Wei Kun and Xu Kuoi, are officials of construction company Zhounghao Nigeria Limited.
Parading them at the Sama Road office of the Commission, Abdullahi said they offered him and his team the bribe money to compromise an ongoing investigation of the company.
“Their arrest took us four days through coordinated efforts by our agency,” he said. “Mr Kun, MD of the company, contacted me on May 7, 2020 over an ongoing investigation against the company when he offered me and my investigating team N100 million to compromise the case.
“Series of discussions had been on for four days after which agreement was reached that I should come to pick up half of the sum at their office/residence located at Kasarawa along Airport Road, Sokoto.”
Abdullahi said “Mr Wei Kun and Mr Xu Kuoi got nabbed while giving the bribe to me” in a “well-coordinated operation with a team of operatives”.
The company is being investigated by the Commission for alleged conspiracy, abuse of office, misappropriation, diversion of public funds as well as money laundering, he said.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]