Aisha has cautioned that Buhari’s presidency could lead to Nigeria’s disintegration.
On Monday, April 5, Aisha Yesufu, a Nigerian socio-political activist and co-convener of the Bring Back Our Girls Movement (BBOG), lamented that the “nuisance benefit that could come from” President Muhamadu Buhari’s administration “might well be the separation of Nigeria.”
According to this online news outlet, Aisha, a vocal critic of President Muhammadu Buhari, made this lamentation on Monday, the day after hoodlums stormed Owerri Prison and Police Headquarters, freeing thousands of detainees in the process.
Taking to Twitter, the controversial social media influencer, who rose to popularity across the country last year during Nigeria’s #EndSARS protests, wrote that “it is glaring that Nigeria needs to have a discussion about whether to stay as one or go its separate ways.”
READ ALSO : Olu Of Warri Tussle : Uncertainty As Ologbotsere, Ayiri Declares Proclamation Of Ikenwoli’s Passage Illegal, ‘New Olu’ Rejected
In a veiled reference to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s comment that “Nigerians will need visas to visit Kano if Nigeria splits,” Aisha said that she is “ok with finding visas to Kano, Lagos, and Enugu.”
“The nuisance benefit that might come from this Buhari Presidency might well be the separation of Nigeria,” the social analyst tweeted.
“It is clear that Nigeria needs to have a discussion about whether it should stay united or split up. “I am happy with applying for visas to Kano, Lagos, and Enugu,” Aisha added in her tweet.
Meanwhile, Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), and Sunday Igboho are attempting to secede from Nigeria.
The nuisance value that might come from this Buhari Presidency might well be the separation of Nigeria. It is glaring that Nigeria needs to have a conversation on whether to remain as one or go its separate ways. I am okay with seeking for visa to Kano, lagos & Enugu.
— Aisha Yesufu (@AishaYesufu) April 5, 2021
Although Kanu is agitating for a Biafra Republic, Igboho want an Oduduwa Republic, according to this online news platform. This comes as President Muhammadu Buhari has declared that Nigeria’s unity is non-negotiable.
Pay Attention To:
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021