Ekiti Governor-elect Abiodun Abayomi Oyebanji of the All Progressives Congress (APC) was elected on Sunday.
After the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared him the winner of Saturday’s governorship election, he will take over the state from Governor Kayode Fayemi.
Here are 15 promising things you should know about Oyebanji, the governor-elect of Ekiti:
1) Oyebanji was born in lkogosi, Ekiti, on December 21, 1967.
2) He is a 54-year-old man.
3) He went to Ikogosi-Ekiti Baptist Primary School in Ekiti State.
4) In 1979, he attended CAC Grammar School and Awo Community High School in Efon-Alaaye, Ekiti State. From 1983 to 1985, he attended the Federal School of Arts and Science in Ondo State, as well as the District Commercial Secondary School in Aramoko-Ekiti.
5) He earned a Political Science degree from Ondo State University, now known as Ekiti State University, in 1989.
6) He graduated from the University of Ibadan (UI) with a Master’s degree in Political Science in 1992.
7) Oyebanji lectured at the University of Ado Ekiti’s Department of Political Science from 1993 to 1997 before moving into the banking industry.
8) He served as the secretary of the committee that oversaw the establishment of the state of Ekiti in 1996.
9) He was one of the most important aides to Otunba Niyi Adebayo, the state’s first democratically elected governor.
10) He was a two-term commissioner in Ekiti, where he worked for the Ministries of Integration and Inter-Governmental Affairs and Budget, Economic Planning, and Service Delivery.
11) From 2001 to 2003, Oyebanji served as the Governor of Ekiti State’s Chief of Staff.
12) From December 2011 to January 2013, he was the Director of Ekiti State’s Office of Transformation Strategy and Delivery (OTSD).
13) Oyebanji was appointed Secretary to the Ekiti State Government on October 16, 2018, and served until December 2021, when he resigned to run for Governor.
14) His inauguration as Governor was one of the earliest in Nigerian history, as the results were announced on election night.
15) Professor Oyebanji, a princess in Ado Ekiti and associate professor at the University of Ibadan, is his wife.
Thanks for reading 15 Unique things to know about Ekiti Governor-elect Biodun Oyebanji