14 top stories from Nigerian newspapers, Monday morning, February 15, 2021
Nigeria Breaking News
1. Gov. Mohammed clarifies the defence declaration for herdsmen carrying AK-47 rifles
On Sunday, the Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, clarified the comment he made about Fulani herdsmen carrying self-defence AK-47 rifles.
Following convictions from various quarters, including his colleagues, Bauchi State Governor Bala Mohammed has made clear comments justifying Fulani herdsmen carrying Ak-47 self-defense rifles.
Remember that Bala Mohammed said that Fulani herdsmen were carrying firearms to protect themselves from cattle rustlers who were attacking, killing and taking their possessions away.
- PDP urges Buhari to stop the slide into anarchy in Nigeria
On Saturday, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) challenged President Muhammadu Buhari to wake up to his responsibilities and stop the slide into anarchy in Nigeria.
3. Makinde, Akeredolu visit Oyo Market clash scene, call for peace
On Sunday, the Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, and his Ondo State counterpart, Mr. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, visited the Shasha community in Ibadan, where traders clashed last week at a popular market in the area. Read More
4. SERAP asks the court to prevent Buhari from using ‘Draconian CAMA 2020’ to target activists.
“Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) filed a lawsuit asking the Federal High Court of Abuja to “stop President Muhammadu Buhari from implementing the Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2020, draconian and unlawful provisions that allow the Federal Government to arbitrarily merge a new association with an already registered association; suspend and remove trustees from any existing association;
5. Fayose is berated by Makinde’s ally, saying that he will be remembered only for fraud, incompetence, ingratitude,
As Governor Seyi Makinde’s ally, Dare Adeleke, said at the weekend that Fayose can only be remembered for fraud and incompetence during his two terms as Governor of Ekiti State, the crisis rocking the South-West zone of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) may well be far from over.
Two of the Nigerian Army’s top Boko Haram commanders, Abul-Bas and Ibn Habib, were killed by Operation Lafiya Dole troops in an ambush carried out in the Sambisa forest in Borno State. Read More
7. Bitcoin whale transfers $104m worth of cryptocurrency amid Tesla, Apple interest
According to a cryptocurrency analytic tracker, Bitcoin Block Bot, the Bitcoin Whale has moved thousands of Bitcoins.
8. Claims that Shell under-reported two million barrels of crude false
The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) has dismissed allegations that in its oil production records between 2016 and 2018, Shell Petroleum Development Company (SDPC) under-reported two million barrels of crude.
9. Aina bags support, Maja nets brace with Iwobi benched as Fulham stun Everton
Nigerian forward Josh Maja scored twice to mark Fulham’s first start and helped his team win a 2-0 Premier League victory over Everton.
10. EPL: hat-trick Aubameyang bags as Arsenal thrash Leeds; Man Utd hold West Brom
In their 4-2 win over Leeds United in a Premier League clash at the Emirates on Sunday, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang netted a hat-trick for Arsenal.
11. In Nigeria, No Armed Herdsmen- NIS Boss Claims
The Nigerian Immigration Service Comptroller-General, Muhammad Babandede, was quoted as saying that there were no armed herdsmen in Nigeria.
The PUNCH reports that during an interview with its correspondents in Abuja on Sunday, February 14, the NIS boss stated this through the service’s spokesperson, Sunday James.
12. Sheikh Gumi, Why Fulani Herdsmen Took Up Arms
Sheikh Abubakar Ahmad Gumi, the renowned Islamic cleric, has revealed that Fulani herdsmen and bandits took up arms to commit crimes.
Speaking on Sunday’s Politics, a TVC programme, Gumi claimed herdsmen took up arms to defend themselves against brutality since they were neglected by the government.
13. Buhari, Matawalle, Makinde Must Stop Senseless, Merciless Attacks.
Zamfara State Governor Bello Matawalle has condemned the violence against a northern community in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State.
He called on President Muhammad Buhari and Governor Seyi Makinde to stop the state’s senseless and ruthless assault.
14. Fayose Says Fani-Kayode Going Nowhere-‘Only Covetous Politicians Will Dump PDP For APC’
Ayodele Fayose, former Ekiti state governor, said only politicians driven by covetousness would leave the Democratic People’s Party (PDP) for the All Progressive Congress (APC).
While speaking on Sunday during an appearance on Politics Today, a television programme for Channels, he said this.
Nigeria Breaking News,
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State