An official of the Ghana Medical Association (GMA) on Tuesday said that at least 13 doctors have tested positive for Coronavirus disease in Ghana.
The Ashanti Regional Chairman of the GMA, Paa Baidoo, made this known to the media in Accra.
Baidoo blamed the development on the poor distribution of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to health facilities in the fight against COVID-19 in the country.
He said “The virus affects virtually everybody, with no respect for the rich, poor, educated, or non-educated, including our healthcare professionals; nurses, pharmacists, and administrators.
”Medical professionals face an all-time high challenge of inadequate PPE due to an improper mode of distribution.”
According to him, this has endangered the lives of healthcare workers.
NAN reports that as of Tuesday, the Ashanti region had 69 cases, the second-highest number of people infected in a region by COVID-19 in the country.
Pay Attention To:
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst