Obinwanne Okeke, the CEO of Invictus Group got an attorney with the United States Federal Public Defender in Eastern District of Virginia to defend him after he failed to show up in court with a laywer for the commencement of his trial on two counts of conspiracy to commit computer fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud.
Tthe Forbes-rated young Nigerian ‘billionaire’ was arrested on August 6 in Alexandria, Virginia. His arrest came after FBI’s painstaking investigation upon receiving a petition from Unatrac over an unauthorized access by an “unidentified” individual who sent out an email with a fake invoice to the purchase department, defrauding the company of $12m.
Mr Okeke was first arraigned before Magistrate Theresa Buchanan on August 7, after the FBI team led by Marshall Ward also found out that he duped an American shoe manufacturer and used several e-mail accounts which have previously been linked to fraudulent activities online and flagged in the F.B.I. database.
He was granted a request of seeing a public health dental hygienist on the first day of his trial. Though it is not clear how long he has been having issues with his teeth, however the US magistrate ruled that the doctor must attend to the suspected fraudster in custody.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )