Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), stands out among Nigeria’s leaders.
He is revered as a patriotic elder statesman and Pan-Africanist who continues to serve as a source of inspiration for African youth.
Here are ten things you might not know about Tinubu, who is now 69 years old.
- Adekunle Bola Ahmed Tinubu was born on March 29, 1952, in Lagos, Nigeria, and given the name Adekunle Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
He went to Children’s Home School in Ibadan and St. John’s Primary School in Aroloya Lagos. In 1975, Tinubu moved to the United States to study at Richard J. Daley College in Chicago, Illinois, and then at Chicago State University.
He has an accounting degree from Chicago State University.
He was awarded the prestigious Sumna cum laude (a latin phrase meaning “with highest honour.”) for his academic prowess, scoring 3.54 out of a possible 4.0 GP.
In his final year at the University, Tinubu ran for and won his first political election as President of the Accounting Society of the institution, based on his successful academic profile.
Arthur Anderson, Deloitte and Sells, and GTE Services Corporation were among his employers. After returning to Nigeria in 1983, he joined Mobil Oil Nigeria.
He holds the titles of Asiwaju of Lagos and Jagaban of the Borgu Kingdom in Niger State, Nigeria.
During his eight years as Governor of Lagos, he made significant investments in education and returned many schools to their original owners.
He is blessed with three children: Oluwaseyi Tinubu, Abibat Tinubu and Folashade Tinubu (Iyaloja General).
Tinubu paid a visit to the Emir of Kano on March 28, 2021, as part of his advocacy for national integration for growth and development.
# Bola Tinubu at 69
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)